WHAT WE DO:
1) Face Coverings: We require face coverings for everyone over the age of 10 while in the facilities.
2) Social Distancing: We ask everyone to keep physical contact to a minimum and to maintain social distance when possible. We also offer sectioned pews for those who prefer extra distance.
3) Temperature Checks: Our greeters perform temperature checks for everyone upon entering the facilities and kindly ask those who are experiencing symptoms to participate from home.
4) Air Purification: We have strategically placed air purifier units in the main portions of the facilities.
WHY WE DO IT:
1) To Love Each Other:
“And above all things have fervent love for one another, for ‘love will cover a multitude of sins.’ Be hospitable to one another without grumbling.” – 1 Peter 4:8-9 (NKJV)
Deference, not difference. Even within our church, we have those who prefer virus safety restrictions and those who do not. However, irrespective of who is right or wrong, the church is called to forebear one another in love without grumbling. Though not everyone thinks the measures taken to protect each other are necessary, we are called to do so if only for the sake of love.
2) To Protect our Testimony:
“Beloved, I beg you as sojourners and pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts which war against the soul, having your conduct honorable among the Gentiles, that when they speak against you as evildoers, they may, by your good works which they observe, glorify God in the day of visitation.” – 1 Peter 2:11-12 (NKJV)
To tarnish our testimony is to forfeit our witness. If Beaufort County and the world around it are to be reached and transformed by the saving power of the Gospel, it will be by those men and women of God who have maintained an honorable testimony before them.
3) To Obey God:
“Therefore submit yourselves to every ordinance of man for the Lord’s sake, whether to the king as supreme, or to governors, as to those who are sent by him for the punishment of evildoers and for the praise of those who do good. For this is the will of God, that by doing good you may put to silence the ignorance of foolish men— as free, yet not using liberty as a cloak for vice, but as bondservants of God. Honor all people. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honor the king.” – 1 Peter 2:13-17 (NKJV)
Obey God AND government. While we recognize that the church is to obey God rather than government (Acts 5:29), such cases apply only when our government demands that we disobey God. In all other cases, disobedience to government is disobedience to God.
If you have any questions or concerns about our response to COVID-19, we’d be happy to answer them as best we can. You can give us a call during business hours @ (252) 946-5934 or send us an email from the bottom of the Home Screen.